Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Babies--The Things I Love

It still surprises me to say babies...I have two children and I feel so blessed! I told Heather the other day that I have this mental list of things that I love about both of my little ones at the ages they are currently. Tessa will be three March 9th and Harrison is 2 months old. Tessa weighs 26 pounds right now and Harrison weighs 12.8 pounds and is 23 inches long!The obvious things I am so thankful for is my God who has blessed me beyond measure, my wonderful husband who I adore and who loves me unconditionally, my two healthy children who amaze me everyday, a mother who blows me away with her generous spirit, a sister who is always there, a home that I love, and friends that mean the world to me. Now my babies:

1. That Harrison smells just like his daddy.
2. That Tessa is an independent leader.
3. When Tessa turns the light off in my bathroom, while I am taking a shower, and she cannot stop laughing because she thinks it is so funny!
4. That Harrison will calm down just by me whispering in his ear and rubbing his tiny little face.
5. That my kids will be raised by a God fearing man who loves the Lord.
6. That my children have the best grandparents in the world!
7. That my kids have each other forever and ever!
8. That Tessa calls me Amanda when she is mad at me.
9. That Tessa tells me not to see her when she is doing something she shouldn't!
10. That both of my babies love their mommy!
11. When Harrison tries to smile and talk to me while he is eating...too precious!
12. That Harrison smiles during his baths and Tessa is screaming during hers!
13. That Harrison sleeps 10 hours at night and loves to be right up next to his mommy in my bed!
14. That Tessa thinks Harrison is really really cute...as she would say!
15. That Tessa wants to love on me and give me kisses in the morning.
16. That Tessa asks when daddy will be home everyday because she wants him to play cars with her before dinner.
17. That Harrison snuggles his face in my neck and goes to sleep.
18. That Tessa talks to her stuffed animals in the morning and lets me hear her conversations over the monitor.
19. That Tessa loves to sing.
20. That both of my babies will have me as their mommy...I hope I can be the best mommy ever for them!









3 comments:

Heather said...

Aw, that's so sweet Amanda. I loved that blog. The best one yet. I love you sis!

Unknown said...

That may be the sweetest post I have EVER read on anyone's blog...EVER!!! I'm so impressed with you (and crying...not a big surprise!). What an awesome woman and mother you have become! I'm glad you are my friend! Happy Thanksgiving!

Gigi 2008 said...

Hi Mandy. So very sweet. Remember when I always told you that you would never understand until you were the Mom - well now you understand everything!!! I love you and I'm so proud of you.
Mom