Monday, June 16, 2008

Potty Training 101

O.K. So, I have started to potty train Tessa and it is not going too well. Tessa's pediatrician advised me to wait until after the baby comes to start this new adventure. Tessa will be exactly 2 1/2 when Harrison gets here and she said this is a good age to start. As a mom, I am trying to envision having a newborn and trying to start potty training Tessa and it scares me to death. So I thought I would start before he gets here and hope for the best. Needless to say.........she does not like it one bit. She absolutely loves her "Big Girl" panties but refuses to use the potty at all! She has even figured out a way to lay tummy down on the carpet to pee in her "Big Girl" panties that way it will not run down her legs, and soak up in the carpet instead, allowing her to continue what she is doing. I have to say this has not been fun. Now we are in pull ups and sitting on the potty frequently throughout the day. I am starting to think my Dr. was right after all? Any advice out there from those of you that have been through this before would be greatly appreciated! Here are a few pictures from our new adventure. Yes, I know, Tessa will probably kill me for these pictures later!



No comments: