Friday, December 5, 2008

Photo Shoot W/The Kids

This morning I took the kids to have their pictures taken. This is a dreaded affair for me because Tessa usually screams her head off and I may get one or two good shots of her. This is after crying spells with a red face, huge tears, and a never ending runny nose. Needless to say we are both spent after an ordeal like that! So last night Greg and I both prayed that Tessa would do well today and that her crying spells would not be as bad as they normally are. I prayed too going there this morning. This may sound silly to some of you but when you are by yourself with two kids and you know what usually happens, panic seems to set in for me. I usually handle it pretty well I think. This morning was anything but what I expected! God answered my prayers exactly and Tessa did awesome! She even wanted to take more pictures but Harrison needed to be fed so we quit with the ones we did get. I think they turned out so good and I wanted to share them with you! We are going to use the one of them together for our Christmas cards. We are gonna use the one of Harrison wrapped in the white cloth for his announcement cards. It will be in black and white. I know I am way behind on that but you do it when you can! Mom bought Harrison the white outfit he is wearing in the last few shots. It is for his dedication and we also used it for his hospital pictures. It has his initials on the top of the outfit and also on his hat! I love it on him and I think he looks so precious! On a side note...while I was feeding Harrison and waiting for our photos to be uploaded I observed another family that was waiting for their pictures to be taken. It was husband and wife with two little girls. They looked miserable when they came in. The oldest girl was frowning the whole time and the baby just stared into space. Which is what most babies do but the parents did not speak to either of their kids or interact with them at all. Basically they just sat there and ignored them. They did not talk to each other unless it was to complain about something or make a rude comment. This whole time I am trying to feed Harrison and talk to Tessa to keep her distracted so she doesn't hear what these people are saying. My thought process was how this couple could not look at those precious little baby girls and not have joy in their hearts? I thought to myself on the way home that even though I was alone today, without my hubby, I am so grateful to have the christian husband God has blessed me with! We have a mutual respect for and love for one another to never treat each other the way this couple did! It made me be even more aware of the example I am setting for others and for my kids! You never know who is watching and who will be affected by you words and actions!









1 comment:

Gigi 2008 said...

What a beautiful family you have. I just love the photos and told Tessa last night how proud I was of her for doing so good and making such awesome pictures. I know how you feel about the negative attitudes of parents. Even if they are upset with each other, the children should never feel the hurt, pain or anger. Those poor little girls - I hope they work on it before Christmas for them!! God blesses you, your marriage and your children because you ask Him to! That's the key and most people won't look at it as an answer to their problems. Love you much and I am so proud of you and your life.