When I got the invitation I was excited and scared for Tessa at the same time. My first thought is how fun for Tessa to go to her first slumber party! I loved slumber parties as a kid! Then I thought..oh no...I won't be there! I won't get to make sure she eats dinner, gets cleaned up, to put her jammies on, to tuck her in bed, to read her bedtime stories or sing songs and bedtime prayers. Too many things ran through my mind! Then I reminded myself that I need to hold my kids lightly because they are the Lord's not mine. He will make sure they are always taken care of with or without me!
I knew Cynthia (Bella's mom) would take wonderful care of Tessa! She treats Tessa like she is her own and I trust her completely! She is a wonderful friend and awesome mom! This gave me a peace that night. However, I still stayed up most of the night worrying myself and waiting for a phone call to come get her! It never came.
Cynthia called the next morning and told me how well Tessa did and how proud of her they were! She did not wine or ask for me at all...which made me a little sad too! I am so proud of the little lady she is becoming and even though it takes some effort on my part I have to let her grow into the beautiful woman God has planned for her to be. Why is it so hard???
No comments:
Post a Comment