Thursday, July 23, 2009

Harrison's Fall

I did not plan to go rushing to the pediatrician's office first thing this morning but life always has its surprises! Harrison was crawling and pulling up on everything like normal and decides to pull up on our wood/glass front door to look outside. He has done this a thousand times before and been fine. I was sitting next to him in the foyer. Yes...I was right there and could not even stop it! He was pulling up and lost his grip so he fell face first down toward the ground and hits his forehead on the metal door hinge. I didn't see anything at first but when I turned him around I saw it...blood allover his forehead with this gash where the skin had split.I just panicked and immediately began to cry. Never have I ever had something like this happen before with Tessa so this was new for me! Greg and I decided to call the Dr office for advice and they say to bring him in immediately. I call mom to rush over here to stay with Tessa while I take Harrison in. They did have to use the Dermabond liquid stitches and he hated being held down. It was just plain pitiful but he and I both survived and he seems to be alright now.I know there will be many more things like this to come but it still isn't easy on child or the mommy!

Harrison leaving the Dr office.


2 comments:

The Cherry Tree 123 said...

Oh,that makes me so sad. I hope all is o.k now! Bless his heart!

Anna Phillips said...

Those pictures are precious, Amanda. I know that our little boys are going to keep us on our toes much more than our little girls! Sawyer hurts himself almost every day it seems!!! I hope little Harrison is okay!