Thursday, January 28, 2010

It Is Only For A Season

As a mom I think that we have the most important job of all. Whether you work outside the home or in it we all have the responsibility to take care of and raise our children the best way that we know how.

With two little ones at home I find myself being so overjoyed that I get to spent every minute with them and love on them and take care of them and teach them. I thank God for allowing me to stay home and fulfilling that desire. I know my place is in the home to raise my children and there is nothing else I would rather be doing!

In the next breath I will find myself so overwhelmed that I cannot breath.

Then I think... all of the things that cause me stress they are nothing of importance compared to the job I do as a mom. God does not expect me to be perfect. He does not expect me to get it right every time. He just expects me to try my best and to listen to His direction. He told me "It is only for a season". My babies will not always be babies. They will not always need their mommy. They will soon be in school and not at home with me all day... This thought scares me to death!

So if I feel stressed out about all the things that need to be done at home, exhausted from not getting sleep, and overwhelmed with making sure my babies get equal attention and love...I remember what God has told me and I will trust Him to fill me back up and I will continue to strive to be the best mommy I can be!

3 comments:

The Cherry Tree 123 said...

Amanda,I loved reading this post. It really made me stop and think. Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

Thanks Melia...I felt I needed to share this today!

Anna Phillips said...

I needed to hear this too! I deal with that struggle each and every day. Am I doing the right thing? Am I loving them enough? etc. etc.
I just need to sit back and let the Lord lead me and KNOW that this too is only for a season!!!