He went on a duck hunting trip in Arkansas with three of his friends. This is his second duck hunting trip and he loves his new hobby! The first trip was only for three nights and this one was for seven. He and I have never been apart from each other this long before...so when he told me this my first thought was "are you kidding me"? After thinking it through I thought it would be good for him to have some down time with his friends and not have any stress. He works so hard to take care of us and give us the things we need and want so I wanted him to have this for himself!
He left last Sunday at 12:30. At 1 Harrison wakes us screaming his head off.I took him to urgent care only to find out he has another round of double ear infections...what??? How does this happen in a 3 week span? So I have a cranky baby who will not sleep and my husband away from home...not good.
Instead of dwelling on these unfortunate turn of events I decide to stay positive and do the best I can. My mom has been wonderful feeding us and being supportive any way she can...I hope to be that kind of mommy for my kids when they are adults!
Friday the kids and I packed up to go stay at mom's and watch the snow come down. It was beautiful and the kids loved being at mom's house! Harrison slept so good but poor Tessa didn't sleep at all. She is back to having bad dreams at night and she wakes up crying every 30 minutes to an hour. Some night are better than others but this night was horrible! Her Dr. says she should grow out of this by age 5 or 6...1 to 2 years left to go....
We decided to come home on Saturday in the hopes that Tessa would sleep better in her own bed...she did...thank you Jesus! Up to this point we had not yet gotten out in the snow because I didn't want two sick kids while Greg was gone. However, after church this morning we went back to mom's for lunch and Tessa and her Papaw just had to go make a snowman...she loves the snow!
Greg is driving back home now after a long trip away! We are so excited and cannot wait to see him! Life is so much better with him here!
Here are some pictures from our weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment