Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Coupons, Coupons, Coupons

Today was my first real attempt to save as much money with as many coupons at the grocery store as I could! I spent alot of time matching up my coupons with the sale adds from Walgreen's and Publix. It paid off! At both stores I spent a rough total of $240.00 and I saved $95.00! I know I can do much better than this next time with more practice but I thought this was incredible!

This is what I did to save money:

Buy 2 Sunday papers and cut out the coupons you will use.

The reason I buy 2 papers: when there are "buy 1 get 1 free" items you can use two coupons because you are buying two of the same items even though one was free! This saves you even more!

Take the weekly grocery store ads out of the paper and match up your coupons.

*Walgreen's is great for savings! They give back Register Rewards on specific sale items which is like getting cash back to use on your next purchase!

Idea: Buy the items that offer Register rewards in your first transactions. You will get paper coupons for your Register Rewards back.

In your second transaction (in the same shopping trip) buy the other items you want that you can get on sale and have coupons for and use the Register Rewards you just got on this transaction to save you even more money!

I know it is a little confusing at first but it is so worth the time and effort! I feel so good about saving my family money each month! It also shows my husband how much I appreciate his hard work to take care of us and I can help out too!

Just wanted to share!

No comments: