Friday, March 26, 2010

A Mother's Instinct

I have decided that a Mother's Instinct is always right...no matter how crazy others may think you are.

Prime Example: I took Tessa to the Dr. after her nap yesterday because along with throwing up, fever, tummy aches, head ache, and back aches...she now tells me her mouth and throat hurts. I immediately think strep test and make an appointment. I take her in and the step test is negative so they check her out and say it is probably a virus and give her Tylenol for fever and pain.

Yes...I have been told this before but this doesn't help a thing. She throws up the Tylenol people...I have tried. So I am told to also give her nausea medicine before the Tylenol to keep it down. I wanted a cure...and definite answer and I didn't get one...so frustrating! The whole ride home Tessa is screaming because her back hurts. When I get home I call the nurse back and tell her to listen to my child scream.This is not normal!!!

Guess what happens next...there offices are closing so I have to wait until TOMORROW to take her back for a urine test to see if she has a urinary track infection. I can't tell you how fun our night was...

So we go this morning and she doesn't have to pee because she doesn't have anything in her little body to come out. After waiting forever...she finally gets it done and guess what...she DOES have a UTI!!! I knew it!

Now we have an antibiotic to help make her better. In two hours of taking it she was already starting to act like her old self again...thank you JESUS!

Never discredit yourself and think Dr.s or nurses know more than you! It is your child and no-one knows what is going on with their little bodies more than you do!

Watching Dora's Easter Egg Hunt


Smiling that smile that has been missing for two days!

1 comment:

Gigi 2008 said...

I love that precious big girl smile - her spirit is so contagious to all who get to be with her!! I love you Tessa Paige and I also love that I got to spend the day with my big boy Harrison - we have so much fun together!! Thank you for trusting me with your children!!