Sunday, July 4, 2010

Our Sweet Baby

To make a long story short...we knew for 2 weeks there were complications with the baby and they gave us a 50/50 chance for survival. We found out last week at an ultrasound appointment that our sweet baby had gone to be with Jesus in heaven...there was no heartbeat.

This is a first for us and we are devastated. From my last post...you can understand how happy we were to have another precious baby on the way. To lose this gift was overwhelming and almost unbearable at times.

On the same day we were told this life changing news...Tessa broke her arm playing at home. We left Baptist hospital and met mom with Tessa at TOA for an x-ray. She did break it and had a cast put on that day.

At the time we couldn't understand why all of this was happening to us. However, as I was waiting holding Tessa to get her x-rays, I heard God telling me this...I am taking care of your baby that is with me now. Do not worry about that...focus on your sweet baby girl because she needs all of her mommy and daddy to get her through this scary time.

I had to wait 3 days until my scheduled D & C on July 1st.I know there are many of you out there who have been through this or something similar to this before and can relate to this process.It is a very difficult one to go through.

I have found a place within me that I can find rest. I know God is guiding us through this and will use it for His glory. We are not promised perfect lives without pain. This is just our time to let God shine and lift us above it.

Please pray for us. I can already feel this will be a long road for us to travel in the next few weeks and months.

In the midst of our despair,we look at Tessa and Harrison and realize how blessed we truly are.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Amanda,
We have been praying for your family!!! So sorry you are going through such tough times right now! The roles are reversed now where just a couple months ago you were offering me encouragement!! Isaiah 55:8 has spoken so strong to me these last several weeks, just thought I would remind you of it!! Love ya, Leah

Anna Phillips said...

Amanda - I had no idea. I am so sorry. I went through that a few years ago as well and it is extremely painful, so I can empathize with you. I will be praying for you. You are such a strong person and I know that you will touch many people through this experience.