Sunday, October 5, 2008

Harrison's Arrival

Our little boy is nine days old! I cannot believe how fast the time goes! Last Friday came so fast! It was like it just rushed upon us and we were being led into the operating room. Everything went really well through the surgery and Harrison was absolutely perfect! There were no signs of heart trouble or a cleft lip. Praise God for a healthy baby! The rest of the recovery time was pretty eventful and I felt great but as I was being taken to my post partum room I realized that the anesthesia had made me very dizzy and nauseated. I had to lay flat on my back the rest of the night or I would start spinning. After throwing up numerous times (ouch!) and four medications in my IV later, they realized that they had to try a new medication that was a drip into my IV to reverse the spinal side effects. This did the trick and around midnight I started to feel more like myself!

Tessa did great with Harrison! She loved him immediately but she wasn't quite sure why her mommy was in a bed with all of these weird things in her arms!My mom took such great care of her and we didn't have to worry about her once! Thanks mom for being such an angel and taking care of Tessa! We love and appreciate you so much!

We have been home now since Monday afternoon and have started to settle in as a family of four! Greg and I are still trying to get used to juggling the two different children with different needs but I think we are doing a pretty good job! Harrison is such a good baby. Our first night home he slept for 5 1/2 hours! He averages about 3 to 4 hours at a time right now. He seems very calm and laid back...much different from our little princess! I remember this time with Tessa being so much harder than it is now. I think it is because this is our second time around and we have already done it once before!

Greg goes back to work tomorrow and I cannot tell you how much I will miss him! He has been so wonderful taking care of me and Tessa and Harrison! We will miss him terribly. Say a little prayer for us as he goes back to work and I am left to man down the fort while he is away! Mom is going to help me as much as she can and I am so grateful! Her life is consumed by children and grandchildren right now and I am so thankful for her willingness to help!

I am posting a few pictures below and I will post more later!














No comments: