Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Answer To Prayer

Greg stayed the night with Harry in the ICU last night and he was pretty stable. He got home around 8:00 AM and he got the call at 10:00 AM that a liver was found for his father. He was also told that his dad took a turn for the worse this morning after he left and that if the liver had not been found he would not have made it through another night. It is amazing to me how God's timing is so perfect even when we cannot see it at first. He knew when Harry needed this liver and He made one available to him that matched. I am so thankful to everyone that prayed for this liver to be found to spare his life. We are overjoyed with relief and hope! He had the transplant surgery today and it lasted five hours--from 2 to 7. He did great through the surgery but he is still very critical. They say the next 24 to 48 hours will be pretty touch and go or hour to hour to see how his body reacts to the new organ and how he wakes up. Please continue to pray for him to have a complete recovery and that the donor liver will start to function properly in his body. He also has to continue dialysis for his kidney failure due to his liver shutting down so quickly. That is about all I know for now but I will keep updating as much as I can. God Bless!

2 comments:

Laura Cline said...

That is such wonderful news! I have been praying for Greg's dad and his entire family (including you!). I will continue to pray that the donor liver will work properly in his body and for complete healing. Please keep updating, as I read your blog daily!

Alison said...

amanda,

i just read heather's blog and jumped over to yours to see if there were any updates.

that is wonderful news, but we will continue to be praying for all of you.

God works in amazing ways...no doubt of that!

stay strong,
alison harris