My father-in-law is still at Vanderbilt due to his liver complications. We have been told some wonderful news today. His blood scores have gone up to a 30 or 31. His scores were a 22 before his ER visit and they were a 28 the day he went to the ER. This means that he will remain in the hospital and get his liver transplant as soon as one that matches becomes available. This is the most amazing news we have received in his 1 1/2 year endurance with his liver failing and his body giving up. I cannot tell you how relieved we are to get this news. We know it may still be a couple of weeks or more but the Doctors have said it could also be days. We rejoice and praise God for HIS ultimate will and healing power! Please continue to pray for our family during this time!
Baby Harrison is doing really good! I had a Dr. appointment on Tuesday. This is the appointment where I had to drink that disgusting orange drink for the gestational diabetes test. I haven't heard anything so far and for me no news is good news! I am measuring on track for my due date and he was as active as ever! Please continue to pray for Harrison and his heart condition: specifically called "Echogenic Focus". This is where there are calcium deposits in the heart muscles of the left ventricle. His heart is functioning completely normal and they say the calcium should go away on its own by 34 to 36 weeks. Worst case scenario is that he will be born with the calcium still in his heart and they will monitor it until he is 2 years old. He should not have any effects from this at all! I usually get to see him at my visits because they do ultrasounds every time I go in to monitor the calcium deposits for any changes in size. I did not have one this week so I was a little disappointed. Oh well, I will see him soon enough!
Thank you for your prayers! They are so grately appreciated!
No comments:
Post a Comment